Blu Sun Consulting gathers the latest statistics on Costa del Sol tourism...
- High visitor numbers for 2013 encouraged officials to dub this the “summer of recovery” for the Costa del Sol.
- There have been year-on-year increases in overnight stays in Marbella for the past 2 years. (8% in 2013)
- 72% of hotels on the Costa del Sol were fully booked from June ‘til August 2013
- The average stay in Marbella has now increased to 4.6 nights
- The majority of visitors to Marbella come from Europe, but there is also now a noteworthy increase from Russia and the Arab nations
- The fastest growing tourism figures come from Scandinavia
- Málaga airport is the main entrance into Andalucia with 13 million people arriving annually – Málaga is the 4th busiest airport in Spain
- 1.8 million euros was recently invested into Málaga airport – asserting its position as the 3rd most important airport in Spain